I didn’t have a chance to post this earlier…I was licking my intellectual wounds after my daughter gave me the “Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?” test she found in the Sunday newspaper.
I’d like to think that I am smarter than a fifth grader…but ummm…let’s just say that my test score let me know that, in no uncertain terms, I’m not. Oh…you think that’s funny? You think you’re so smart??? Well then let’s see how you do!!! :) Take the test yourself; the questions are below. Do it with a friend…or a spouse…just don’t do it with anyone between the ages of 10 and 16 or you’ll be shamed into seclusion, too. And NO cheating…no internet help!!! Feel free to post your answers here; I’ll post the correct answers at the end of the week (and my results, too!).
I’m off to study some more…I want my gold star, dammit.
1. How many continents are there in our world?
2. What is the capitol of Missouri?
a. Kansas City
b. Jefferson City
c. St. Louis
d. Missouri City
3. What is the process by which plants make their own food?
4. Who lived at Mesa Verde?
a. the Cheyennes
b. the Anasazi
c. the Aztecs
d. the Mayans
5. Which is longer: a meter or a yard?
6. What is onomatopoeia?
a. a words that is opposite of another word?
b. a word that means the same thing as another word?
c. a word that sounds like what it means (buzz)?
7. Who was the King of England during the American Revolution?
a. King Henry VIII
b. King Lear
c. King George III
8. Does the word capitol mean:
a. a building that houses the seat of government
b. an upper-case letter?
9. 27 is three-quarters of what (number)?
10. Name the adverb in this sentence: Dad coaxed the stray dog inside.
11. What is the capitol of Nepal?
12. What is an autobiography?
a. A book an author writes about another person.
b. a book an author writes about his/her life.
c. a fiction story about a person’s life.
13. Children typically have how many baby teeth?
14. How many meters are in a kilometer?
15. True or False? A bat is a mammal.
16. How many ounces of water are in 3 pints?
17. What is another name for the North Star?
a. Alpha Centauri
18. In terms of land area, what is the second biggest state?
19. The supplementary angle of a 30 degree angle is?
20. What do you call two words that have the opposite meanings?