It seems like every manufacturer is now making Epoxy Sticker Embellishments — also called decorative Page Pebbles — these days. Most of the ones I’ve seen coordinate with patterned paper lines, and some are sold as dimensional embellishments or dimensional letter/word stickers. They’re not cheap…at least $3 to $4 a package, and if you’re anything like me, I NEVER use the entire package. Every dollar I spend on an embellishment, is a dollar less I have to spend on a fabulous patterned paper…so I decided to make my own Epoxy Embellishments!
Custom Epoxy Embellishments
- clear epoxy stickers (circles or squares…whatever you have on hand!!!)
- patterned paper, transparency, photo and ephemera scraps
- circle or square punches
Punch shape; adhere clear epoxy sticker over punched shape! That’s it!!!
These are so easy to make…they’re cost-effective because I use supplies I already have…I only make as many as I need…AND I can make them however I want to…even to match my patterned papers!
1. A punched road map sits under a decorative epoxy sticker (Poemstones, Creative Imaginations).
2. Use your leftovers! Stamp flower on colored paper; punch and mount on metal-rimmed tag (Making Memories). Adhere epoxy circle letter (Poemstones, Creative Imaginations) over punched shape.
3. A collage of text, magazine image and patterned paper is captured underneath a square epoxy sticker (JoAnn’s Scrap Essentials). Use a gold paint pen (Krylon) to paint around edges of epoxy square.
4. Layers of colorful patterned papers (Christina Cole) provides the background for a decorative epoxy circle (Poemstones, Creative Imaginations).
5. A snippet of a playing card image makes for a striking embellishment. Rub black permanent ink pad (Staz On) around edges of epoxy sticker.
6. Frame a sweet face! Layer printed transparency (Creative Imaginations) over a punched photo. Mount on metal-rimmed tag (Making Memories); adhere epoxy circle over layered photo.
7. Got to love those scraps! Mount letter sticker (Basic Grey) over tinted transparency (Technique Tuesday from Nov. 7); layer over text paper. Adhere epoxy square over collaged elements; paint edges of epoxy square with paint pen (Krylon).
- use a 3/4″ punch for a large epoxy circle sticker (Page Pebble, Making Memories or Poemstone Letters, Creative Imaginations)
- use a 1″ punch for an xtra-large epoxy circle sticker (Page Pebble , Making Memories)
- use a 1″ square punch for a large epoxy square sticker (Page Pebble, Making Memories)
- Don’t have same sized expoxy sticker and punch? Simply mount the epoxy sticker onto image/patterned paper; trim with scissors
- Create a collaged embellishment (see example #3); layer desired elements (patterned paper, printed transparency, etc.) on a 2″-3″ scrap piece of paper and then punch desired image.
These are so quick and easy…imagine how many you could make in 1/2 hour! Make a few extras and swap with your friends…I’d love to see what you come up with; feel free to post a link to your custom epoxy embellishments in the comments.